Saturday, June 30, 2012

No More Naps

Today is Saturday and the boys went down for a nap like they usually do...unfortunately, they didn't last very long. Usually this is more stressful for me. But it's Saturday, so I have the Hubs to help out. Don't get me wrong, though, it's still slightly stressful. I really need a 'Time Out' of sorts from the boys. They are non-stop. All of them. I am so exhausted by the end of the day that I can barely function. And now that Bean is up and running, I too, am up and running. All. Day. Long. It just makes me want to scream! Why won't they nap?!?! Mommy needs a break! Turkey has started to phase out his naps and Bean, well, he just isn't a great napper. Just like my Angel, Bean will sleep for 20 minutes or so then wake up screaming and he won't go back to sleep until it's time for bed. Turkey usually sleeps for 3 hours...yep, that's right, 3 hours. It was blissful while it lasted. But, now...well, let's just say Mommy needs a drink much earlier than 5pm. Do you do that? Watch the clock so you can pour that glass of wine (or whatever adult beverage you are privy too)? I totally do. As soon as it says 5, if we have some wine, I will usually pour myself a glass while making dinner. It's my little vacation in a glass. I feel like if I do it before 5 then I'm creeping up on an alcoholic-esque behavior. Maybe that's just me. Well, since it's Saturday, we are going to go exploring. Hope your day is wonderful and full of well rested children...and that 5 o'clock comes soon for all of us! Peace Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by