Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our New Patio Table

A couple of weekends ago, the Hubs made a patio table for me.  I LOVE it!  It's like the ones you have all seen on Pinterest.  It seats 10 and fits perfectly on our upper deck.  It's made from redwood and gas piping. The wood, we purchased at a lumber yard.  It was on sale and cost around $75.  We also purchased stain and sealer bringing our total to about $95.  The piping, we purchased at Home Depot for about $30.  We had our measurements ready, so they cut and threaded it for free.  I read on another blog that their particular HD charged them per cut and per thread.  Ours did not.  So, I don't know if that was a mistake or if they just don't charge here.  I'm in northern CA, by the way.  So all of my prices are going to be a lot more than say, Texas, or anywhere else for that matter.  We used 3/4" piping and 6 boards that were 2x8.  The boards didn't have to be cut.  We just sanded those bad boys so there wouldn't be any splinters.  We connected the bottom of the boards with three 2x2x3's and used a Kreg jig to attach the long boards together.  The Kreg jig is a very important tool for this job.  If you don't know what one is, check it out here.  We are currently working on a bench for one side and I'm looking for some Tolix like chairs for the other side.  Once we have the bench built, I'll post that too.  All in all, our patio table cost less than $200.  That doesn't include the bench or chairs I'm going to buy.  I'm really please with the outcome.  I've looked all over for a LOOONG table and can't find one that isn't thousands of dollars.  This table is perfect for our family and has room for friends, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by