Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Taco Cups

 When we were in Houston over Christmas, one of the meals we had were taco cups.  Tiny little wonton "cups" filled with taco meat and cheese.  The boys absolutely loved them and gobbled them up.  I think it was a recipe from Pinterest.  I haven't looked it up to confirm, but it probably was...you can find anything on Pinterest.  The "cups" were made from wonton wrappers, ground turkey, taco seasoning and cheese.  That's it.


       



The first thing you want to do is brown the turkey or beef then add your taco seasoning per packet instructions.  Then place 2 wonton wrappers in a muffin tin.  The ones we had in Houston were made in a mini muffin tin, but I've loaned that to someone and I can't for the life of me remember who I loaned it to, so I don't know where it is (if I loaned it to someone reading this, could I have it back, please?)  Then place the taco meat in the cup, then sprinkle with cheese (I used a colby/jack combo) then bake for 20 minutes or so at 350.  Basically just to melt the cheese and cook the wonton.  When the wonton wrappers are browned on the tips, it's time to take it out of the oven.  Oh, and there's no special way to put it in the muffin tin.  I just pushed them in there and created a well.  After they were done, I topped them with salsa and plain greek yogurt.  That was our dinner.  

As I'm looking at the dinner plate, I notice how plain it looks.  Taco cups, corn & edamame, and orange slices.  Do your dinners look like this?  I always sometimes feel the need to make a nice presentation of things.  It's a curse.  This looks kinda plain and a little sad....










No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by