Thursday, February 7, 2013

Quiet Book

Have you guys heard of Quiet Books?  They are books made from felt and fabric that are filled with manipulative play for babies and toddlers.  They are meant to be done quietly, hence the name. Anyways, I decided to have a playdate with my Mom's group where everyone makes a page that we would then exchange with others to make an entire book.  Eight people signed up to do this, so I made eight of the same page for the books.  I decided to make a robot.  He has one body, 2 interchangeable heads, 2 sets of arms, and 2 sets of legs.  It turned out kinda cute.  My sewing machine was on the fritz, so I had to use felt glue for the project.  Hopefully nothing comes off too easily.

I started with an 8.5x11 (approx) piece of stiff felt as my base.  


 Then I cut out my robot pieces from softer felt.  I glued certain things together so that there weren't a ton of tiny pieces everywhere.  Then put a pocket at the bottom to hold the robot parts.

I finished it off with some eyelets.  This will make it easier to put onto some rings for easy flipping by Bean.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by