Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baking Fail

Yesterday, I tried making some no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.  I subbed the sugar for agave nectar only to realize an hour or so after I had plopped them onto a cookie sheet, that the agave nectar is NOT going to harden like sugar will.  FAIL.  So they sat overnight until I could think of what to do with them.  Well, I decided to go ahead and bake them.  They turned out great!  I'm so shocked to be perfectly honest.  They still look like they are sticky, but they are hardened and chewy.  Plus, the oatmeal tastes way better now than yesterday.  I used regular oats and not quick oats.  Even though the recipe called for oats, I think quick oats would have been a lot better.  Here's the recipe I used:

1 stick of unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup agave nectar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups of oatmeal

Place first 4 ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil.  Boil for a minute then take off heat.  Add almond butter and vanilla extract and mix well.  Then add the oatmeal.  Stir until combined.  This makes a semi runny batter.  Spoon by the tablespoonful onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 25 minutes at 325.  Let cool completely.




They are blobs of chocolate-y goodness!




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by