Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Series

I am starting a new series on my blog called 'Sanding Sundays'.  This is a day where I will spend my free time out in the garage sanding something.  I haven't really been  motivated to continue with any of my projects because of the winter, plus having Bean slowed me down.  BUT, now that Bean is going to be 1 YEAR OLD in another month or so, I figured it's probably time to start my beloved hobby.  I have ideas.   Lots of ideas.  Sometimes, the hubs just looks at me and rolls his eyes, cause I have so many ideas.  Well, it's spring time and spring is the time of rebirth and rejuvenation.  And I think it's time to rejuvenate some furniture.  So, here I am.  I'm gonna sand something and make it purdy!  Last year (I'm almost embarrassed to admit that) I started on my dining table.  I actually finished that...but the chairs, well, the chairs are another story.  I mostly completed one.  I sanded it down, painted, distressed, and poly'd the crap out of that chair and then recovered the seat with some awesome fabric.  Well, the seat has yet to be screwed back down.  So, if you're ever at my house, please be careful when you are sitting in the pretty chair...you just might fall through!  Anywho, I need to complete those plus a few other furniture/home decor items I've picked up along the way.  So stay tuned!  I am going to start my first Sanding Sunday project tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by