Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Green Smoothie for the Day


Today's smoothie is comprised of spinach, romaine, pear, avocado, banana, chia seeds, frozen pineapple, carrot juice, plain yogurt, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder.  I don't typically put lettuce in my smoothies, but our CSA gave us a ton and I'm trying to finish it.  I personally hate lettuce.  I realize that is a strong statement, but I really don't like it.  Don't get me wrong, I love every other type of greens, just not lettuce.  Anyone else out there have an abhorrence for lettuce?  

I got the recipe for this smoothie from Mind, Body, Green.  I added a couple extra things to it to make it taste better.  Because, to be perfectly honest,  it was like drinking liquid lettuce....gag!  

What kind of smoothie/juice did you make today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by