Monday, June 17, 2013

Dresser Rehab

I wanted to rehab a dresser into a TV stand.  You know, like all those cute ones you see on Pinterest?  Well, I came across this little beauty on Craigslist for $40.  Not a crazy bargain like I've seen on some blogs, but I think it's a pretty good deal.  First I removed all of the hardware, then removed the doors and drawers.

I did not sand this piece.  Not one single bit.  I purchased a quart of Zinsser Cover Stain Primer at Lowe's and got a FREE quart of Clark + Kensington Paint + Primer at ACE Hardware.  ACE occasionally has a Free Paint Saturday, so I snatched a quart during that time.  They will tint it for you and everything!  For FREE!  

Here are the doors after one coat of the primer and one coat of the paint.  I liked how it turned out, so I stopped here.  I was planning on painting another coat or two to give the dresser a more saturated look, but, I really liked this!

 Here are the drawers...same thing, 1 coat of primer, 1 coat of paint.

 The top

A close up of the paint

And the doors...Oh and the Hubs cut out the middle part of each door with a router.  We did this so the electronic components would be able to work with the remotes.  I plan on putting chicken wire in the holes to  make it look a little more rustic, but need to figure out how I want to "age" the chicken wire before stapling it to the backs of the doors.

The finished product.  I placed rope in the top drawers for the pulls, but will change those out as soon as I find something I like better.  This project took about a day.  Maybe two if you add more paint.

Hope you find this DIY semi easy.  I thought it was!  


  1. Cute :) We used an old Armoire for a TV stand back in the day... we didn't fancy it up though!

  2. That turned out so good! Great job!!! :)


© Three Boys Are We. Powered by