Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day Craft Project

Father's Day is this Sunday.  While I've already gotten the hubs some gifts, I thought it would be nice to make him something from the boys and myself.  A couple of years ago, before Bean was born, we made little handprints with clay.  It turned out really cute.  So, this year, I figured we needed one with Bean's handprint.  Except, this time it's not in clay, it's on paper.

blue scrapbook paper, thin sheet of balsa wood, ribbed brownish red paper
 I traced their hands onto the paper and cut them out
 This is how they are going to be placed on the base
 The base: cream colored & striped scrapbook paper
 Placement
What I used to attach the hands to the paper.  I like this because if I mess up with the initial placement, then I can peel it off and re-stick it.  It doesn't leave any sort of stain.
 Matted
Framed

This was a super easy, super cheap (FREE) project I did with the kids.  I had everything on hand and ready to go.  I love it when a plan comes together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by