The hubs cut the door down to size and sanded it for me. Then I painted it with a white primer. That was it. I was thinking I would like to spray a nice high gloss white on it one day. But for now, I like the "distressed" look of it.
the finished product
I still need to put my artwork back up above the bed. I'm switching some things out, so I need to think about it for a bit first.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you...we hung the door on the wall using french cleats. They are an awesome little invention.
here's a pic I found online
This is the brand we used, OOK French Cleats. They hold up to 200 lbs each. We bought 2 of them. I don't think the door is going anywhere!