Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Love/Hate the Mornings!

I have a love hate relationship with the morning.  On the one hand, I love getting up when it's still quiet outside and the weather is still cool from the night before.  I love seeing the sun come up and feeling like each day is a brand new beginning for all of us.  I love waking up in my warm and cozy bed feeling especially snuggly with my 800 thread count sheets (this may not seem high to some of you, but it's the nicest set of sheets I've ever owned)  Plus I absolutely love breakfast...I mean, who doesn't love some pancakes and bacon?  I love the morning!

Now comes the Jekyll and Hyde syndrome...I hate the morning!  I hate that the boys wake up at the butt crack of dawn and immediately start arguing over what cartoon channel to put it on.  It's super obnoxious to hear them fight over who gets the soft blanket and who gets the hard one.  I am barely functioning when I wake up.  Maybe it's because I've gotten about 4 hours of sleep because I nurse a certain Bean all night long.  Sleep deprivation can really do a number on your pysche.  I hate that I have to get up and fix breakfast, clean up, get everyone ready for the day.  It's one thing for Angel...he can pretty much do as I ask without too much complaint, but for Turkey, well, everything is a freaking battle.  It's screaming and shrieking all morning long.  My morning routine is less than appealing on so many levels.

So, yes, while I love the chirping of the birds, sipping my hot tea and all that other b.s. that goes with the morning, I also loathe getting up and functioning like a normal Mom....which, by the way, is basically being a super hero of sorts. You've got to do it all!

Hope everyone's day is full of chirping birds and warm snugglies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by