Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chile Verde Pork Roast

Before we left for the museum, I thought it would be nice to put something in the crock pot for dinner.  Then, when we came home, I wouldn't have to order pizza cook dinner.  So, I thought chili verde pork roast sounded good.  This was not my idea.  I was at a friends the other morning for a playdate and got to talking to another mommy friend about food (as we always do) and she said she was making this dish for dinner.  Well, I immediately asked what the ingredients were and went to the store pronto.  When I got to the store, they didn't have all of the ingredients that she had said, so I had to improvise on the recipe a bit.  My recipe turned out really well!  I used 1 jar of chili verde cooking sauce (from Target), 2 cups -ish of white wine, an onion chopped, some carrots, lots of garlic and about a cup of chicken broth.  I put it on high and left the house.  When we returned, about 7-8 hours later, the pork was done.  It fell apart and was pretty tasty.  I put the shredded pork on some corn tortillas with cheese and Tapatio and scarfed them down.  The boys liked them!  They even used the Tapatio. :)  I forgot to take pictures...we were so hungry from our long day that it didn't even cross my mind to take a picture of it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by