Monday, February 27, 2012

PB&C Waffle Sandwich

So the other morning, I was thinking that I really needed some chocolate.  Now, for me, this is an odd thought.  The only time I ever want chocolate is when I'm pregnant...NO...I'm not pregnant.  But, ever since I've had Bean, I've been wanting chocolate ALL THE TIME.  Like, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT cravings.  It's weird!   Anyways, I was making the boys their special breakfast, which for them, is a waffle sandwich of some sort, and they really like this for some reason...so I thought I should use some nutella and peanut butter to make it special.  Well, we don't typically buy nutella so I was kinda out luck.  UNTIL, I realized that I could just make it myself with the things I had on hand.  So I took some peanut butter and stirred in some cocoa powder and a little bit of liquid vanilla stevia and PRESTO...my own version of nutella!  It was yummy and totally  hit the spot.  Plus, the boys think they are getting a dessert for breakfast ;)  

This is what it ended up looking like

This is how I made the chocolate peanut butter spread

2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used creamy)
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghiradelli)
8 drops or so of liquid vanilla stevia (I used NuNaturals)

Stir it all together and spread on your waffle or toast or just eat if off the spoon!  This made enough spread for 3 waffle sandwiches.  I used it on one side of the sandwich and then put plain peanut butter on the other side.

Now all of these measurements were just to taste...my taste...so, if you find that you need it sweeter, add more of the stevia, or if you want it more chocolatey, add more cocoa powder.  It's whatever you make of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by