Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Makin' a Pork Roast For Dinner

Tonight's dinner is going to be pork roast.  I haven't made this in forever.  I love how the house smells when you are cooking a pot roast or pork roast in the crock pot...don't you?  All of those lovely meaty, saucy, herby smells coming from the kitchen and permeating everything in your home is simply divine!  I probably should have started this a little earlier though...it's already after 1pm here...oh well, we'll just eat a little later.  Or maybe I should crank it up to high for a few hours.

So, here's what I did:
 I threw some onions on the bottom, then added my pork roast.  It was about a 3 pounder.  I had already rubbed my meat the pork with some olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and ginger and put it on top of the onions.

Then I added white wine (from a box no less...cause I'm classy like that!)
Then I added some chicken stock
Then I added a little bit of rice wine vinegar


Then I shoved some parsnips and carrots all around that bad boy
and put a sprig of rosemary on the top for a little extra flavor.

I put it on high, since I didn't start this till kinda late and in a few hours, we'll have some dinner.  I might throw some potatoes in at the end...we'll see how I'm feeling then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by