Friday, February 3, 2012

LOVE my boys!

Sometimes you just have one of those days when it seems like EVERYTHING is going against you.  The kids are screaming, you have too much laundry to even think about, the house needs cleaning, the cats are bothering you (one of my cats will sit in front of me and meow incessantly until I give him water from the faucet) and then something happens to one of your kids that puts all of the BS into perspective.  A little more on that later...

Can I just say that I adore my boys?  They really are the cutest boys around and have the sweetest dispositions...for the most part :) When they were first born, each and every one of them, I loved them.  I did.  But I didn't feel a strong attachment to them.  I know I'm not the only one...anyways, since then, I've grown into them, so to speak.  Each one has his own unique personality and sense of humor.

Take my Angel for example...As a baby, he was pretty quiet.  He wasn't a child that would get into a lot of things.  If I said 'No', he would stop what he was doing and do something else.  So, we never had to put away anything.  It was fantastic.  Although, at the time, and him being the first, I really didn't know any better.  And when he did get into things, I always thought, 'Wow!  This kid is gonna be a handful!'  HA!  I call that temporary lack of knowledge on my part 'First Baby Syndrome'.   As he's grown, he's pretty much stayed the same.  He's quiet and likes activities that he can sit quietly and do.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a BOY!  So he does like to scream and run and play hard. But he tends to like the quieter things.  He's also a very kind and considerate boy.  He has a tender heart and he is very affectionate.  Sometimes, I don't think the kids at his public school are used to it (neither the teachers) so he gets into a little bit of trouble for 'putting his hands' on other students.  He usually tells me it's because he wanted to hug them or hold their hand and they basically freaked out about it.  Anyway, my oldest is a sweet boy and there is no denying it!

My middle little Turkey...and YES, he's a TURKEY, is the complete opposite of my oldest.  He is loud and comical, athletic and devious and most of the time pretty sweet (with underlying bouts of devilishness - is that a word?).  He dotes on his baby brother (albeit a little too hard sometimes) and gives his Mommy hugs and kisses all day long.  He is exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time.  To give you an example, when he was 2, and I had just had Bean, he decided he was bored and wanted to go to the playground in our apartment complex.  I was taking a nap and daddy was watching all 3 of the boys...well, daddy got to playing video games with Angel and lost track of Turkey.  Turkey got bored, walked out the front door and went to play.  He was brought back (after an unknown amount of time) by one of the maintenance guys.  Thankfully we say hi to all of them, so they know me and my kids.  The maintenance guy was nice about bringing him back, but also giving us a little lecture on the importance of knowing where your child is at ALL TIMES.  Well, I KNOW THAT!  Needless to say, I was a little upset with daddy and had a mini heart attack.  Once we told the little turkey it was NOT OK to go out by himself, we immediately bought a lock for the top of the door and installed it.  He's precocious!  But that's one of the many things I love about him!

Bean is still a little, well, bean, and I'm still figuring his personality out.  So far, he's kinda like my Angel.  Quiet, always observing, listens when I give him direction (I asked him to hand something to Turkey and HE DID...he's only 9 months old *insert proud mommy smiling*)  I think his personality will be closer to Angels, with a little bit of Turkey mixed in :)

So...to continue my story about everything going wrong...well, yesterday my little turkey had some health issues that made us go to the doctor pretty quick.  Today he is being monitored by me and will be getting some lab results back hopefully sometime next week.  I am praying that he is fine and this was a fluke.  It makes me teary eyed and completely anxiety ridden to think about anything happening to him.  Just like any other mom out there.  I want my boys happy and HEALTHY.

Once his results are back I'll post some more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by