Saturday, February 18, 2012

More Chocolate Oatmeal

So, I discovered I really like slow cooker chocolate oatmeal.   I made this the other day and would like to share the recipe with you because it's that good!

Chocolate Coconut Slow Cooker Oatmeal
I know...it looks just like the other,except it has coconut on it...and it does, except it has a few extra ingredients.

Chocolate Coconut Slow Cooker Oatmeal
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup milk
3 3/4 or so of water
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 banana cut into thin slices
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon or so of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon or so of salt
NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia -  1 dropper full
1/2 cup or more of shredded coconut

Mix it all together and put it on low for about 7-8 hours.

The next time I make this, I will not add the banana.  I added it for sweetness, but the shredded coconut and stevia that I added was perfect.  Plus, the banana ended up being a weird texture that I particularly did not like.

Hope you enjoy it!


PS - If  you would like to try NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia, I have a coupon for you from iHerb.com.  If you use this code TIB423, you will receive a $5 savings on your iHerb purchase! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by