Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Dinner

I wanted something easy to make for dinner....(crickets chirping)...nothing....nothing....LIGHT BULB!  I'll make chicken tacos!  We call it chicken tacos when in fact, you can make, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taquitos... basically anything mexican that you'd put shredded chicken into.  So I decided I would share this super easy, super yummy recipe with you.

First you gather your ingredients:
chicken (fresh or frozen)
taco seasoning
Pace Picante Sauce
that's it!
Next, you put all the ingredients into a crockpot:

Put the lid on, turn it to high and leave it alone for 4 hours
This is what it looks like after 4 hours (I stirred it around after an hour of being in the crockpot - just to get everything mixed together)

Then shred the chicken with a couple of forks
Then assemble your taco, burrito, enchilada...what have you!

We did burritos, here are the fixins
avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, plain yogurt (we use this instead of of sour cream) oh and we had left over cornbread from the other night, tortillas and of course, the chicken





This is what Turkey was doing while I was making dinner...
a classic :)

Here's Bean trying to eat some more of his dinner....Daddy was not giving it to him fast enough :)

he got it!

So if you'd like the recipe for the chicken tacos (which I believe I got from my BFF a million years ago) here you go:

frozen or fresh chicken breast or tenderloin (I used frozen tenderloin about 8-9 pieces)
8oz of Pace Picante Sauce
1packet or 1/4C taco seasoning

Dump all of it into a crockpot, frozen chicken and all, and turn it on high for about 4 hours or until the chicken shreds easily.  I mix the ingredients about and hour into it so that all of the seasoning and picante sauce mixes with the chicken.   Once it's done, I take the chicken out and shred it with a couple of forks, then put it back into the crockpot to soak up all of the yummy sauce, then it's ready!

This makes 4-6 burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Three Boys Are We. Powered by